Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Department
Under the direction of the Lehigh-Northampton Airport Authority, Lehigh Valley International Airport has their own fire department that meets all FAA requirements.
Commissioned on October 2003, the 13,000sq.ft. state-of-the-art ARFF facility is a very functional and professional addition to the airport. The selected building site yields the quickest response time to each of the existing runway ends and to the terminal building. The site is also strategically located to serve a future parallel Runway 6/24. The facility can be seen by passengers in the concourses and in arriving and departing aircraft.
The building includes:
- One level with a second story Watch Mezzanine.
- Vehicle Room has four vehicle bays.
- There are four dormitories with intercoms, phones and emergency lighting.
- There are two offices for computer access and business activities.
- There is a power generator for emergency lighting, communications equipment, overhead door operation, alarm system, and other essential systems in case of power failure.
- All truck bay doors are protected from freezing with in-floor radiant heating system.
- Fully tiled men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers are provided along with rest rooms for firefighters and an ADA accessible visitor’s rest room.
- A Foam Room with storage tank and pump system is provided with exterior standpipe for refilling tank.